BREEAM Accredited Professional (BREEAM AP) is open to suitably experienced construction professionals who already have a good knowledge of environmental design and the design process but lack detailed understanding of BREEAM. The BREEAM AP qualification is aimed at architects, engineers and others with design skills and responsibilities. In recognition of the significant contribution a BREEAM AP can make to the design process, up to three BREEAM credits (BREEAM 2011) are available if a BREEAM AP is engaged from an appropriate point in a project.
Note: a separate, fast-track route is available to licensed BREEAM Assessors Contact: BRE Training 01923 664829 firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Prior knowledge and background to become a BREEAM AP
A range of design professionals may be eligible to undertake the BREEAM AP qualification through this route. We recommend as a minimum the following prior knowledge and background:
- Recognised academic / vocational qualification in a relevant built environment discipline,
- At least three years post graduate (or equivalent) professional experience working in a role covering the sustainability of the built environment - candidates will ideally have design team involvement on a number of projects where sustainability was part of the project brief e.g. a target to achieve at least BREEAM Excellent for the completed design,
- Knowledge of environmental design / integrated design with an appreciation of life cycle assessment and cost analysis,
- Appropriate membership of a professional institution,
- Minimum levels of work experience and on-the-job training can be considered as alternatives to formal qualification and professional membership.
The training programme is in three parts:
- Part 1 (Familiarisation - to be completed by ALL BREEAM AP candidates),
- Part 2 (on-line training – required for individuals who are not already qualified as BREEAM assessors) are self-study.
The time required to complete these will depend upon your background and experience.
- Part 3 (workshop and examination day – to be completed by all BREEAM AP Candidates) is carried out at BRE’s offices and training facilities in Watford (UK).
You MUST complete your Part 1 and Part 2 course materials before attending the Workshop/Examination.
Before you book please examine full details of the training.